This blog is now at 59ideas.com.
Here is my idea of an offline version of Google Ads. I had this in mind for a while.
Think about this…
- How many things you buy daily use packaging?
Package for burger, carrier bag for shopping, disposable cup for coffee, containers for takeaways…
- What is on them?
Nothing much. Company log, slogan, instructions. Branding.
- Empty space?
- Would companies like to save on these disposable packaging?
- How about making money from them?
Tell me about it!
- A company (say, 59oo9le) prints and provides the packaging to all these company
- Branding still intact
- Condition: allow 59oo9le to sell and print ads on selected space.
- Revenue from ads shared (in some way) with packaging buyer.
- Add an “advertise on this package”
Self-cannibalization. No problem as Amazon.com proved. A startup burger shop might advertise on packaging of an establised burger chain.
- Bidding to buy on hot packaging
- More effective than other form of offline ads?
- brave soul to try
- money to drive
- mindset to modify